The City of Bishop Planning Commission is made up of seven individuals who have been appointed by the City Council to review and act on matters related to planning and development. Most planning commissioners are lay people interested in their community without any previous land use experience.
The City of Bishop Planning Commission duties include acting as an advisory board to the City Council on all planning and development issues, guides development of the General Plan, assures the General Plan is implemented, and decides certain land use issues.
The Planning Commission also has the following responsibilities:
- General Plan – Assist in the writing, public reviews, and the adoption (which is done by City Council)
- Zoning and Subdivision Maps
- Individual Project Approvals
- Special Studies as needed
City staff respects and appreciates the time and energy each commissioner provides to making the City better.
Regular Bishop Planning Commission Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month (or the day that immediately follows regularly scheduled City Council meetings).
- Click Here to View Virtual Planning Commission Meeting
- Click Here to view PAST Virtual Planning Commission Meetings
- City Council and Commission Schedule 2020