Bishop is a Dog Friendly Destination
Bishop Dog Park, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit corporation that was formed to plan and implement the Bishop Dog Park project. The goal of the dog park is to create a well maintained, fenced, off-leash area where well-behaved canines and their owners can exercise and play. The goal is to develop the dog park in stages culminating in a park that includes benches, trees, play equipment, and shade structures, also promote education, training, and recreational activities that endorse and foster responsible dog ownership.
Bishop Dog Park, Inc. works in partnership with the City of Bishop, who is committed to working with the public to ensure that the dog park benefits everyone and to educate the community about responsible dog ownership and the value of off-leash recreation and socialization for dogs and their owners. The City and Bishop also takes care and maintains the dog park. Please visit www.bishopdogpark.org for more information.
Dog owners use the park at their own risk. The City of Bishop is not responsible for injury or illness to dogs, owners or visitors. For emergencies call the Bishop Police Department (760) 873-5866, or Animal Control (760) 873-7825.
- All dogs must be licensed and currently vaccinated.
- No choke chains or prong collars inside the off-leash area.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park. Unleash and leash your dog only inside the holding area.
- Dog owners must carry a leash, monitor their dog(s) and keep their dog in view at all times.
- Bring only the number of dogs that you can safely monitor.
- No children under the age of 12 unless accompanied by an adult.
- No aggressive dogs. Dogs must be removed at the first sign of aggression.
- No dogs in heat.
- No puppies under four months of age, or ill dogs.
- No human or dog food, including dog treats. No glass containers.
- No smoking.
- An owner must clean up after his or her dog and immediately place dog waste in the provided receptacles.
- Hours of operation are one hour before sunrise until one hour after sunset.