Activities & Programs
The Staff at the City of Bishop Community Services Department continues to reach out to our Community to keep our families happy, healthy and active during the closures of our programs due to COVID-19 pandemic. We have begun to compile activities for all ages that can be done at home, some with little cost on supplies. Please check out some of the links below for ideas, demonstrations and videos to help keep everyone busy during this time.
ACTIVITIES FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES- you are sure to find something for all ages in this area to help engage your children in different areas of learning and help keep them active! Some of these programs are free of charge, some are local businesses and may have a fee associated with them.
- Field trips and learning experiences through California’s State Parks
- Identifying plants and animals while hiking-App download
- Outside resources with Nature Bridge
- Monday morning science for grades K-5
- Aquarium online academy for grades pre-k through 12
- Science lessons, videos and activities
- Mini Science lessons for grades K-5
- National Geographic for Kids
- C5 Studios- Art at home
- Reusable Art with Erin Renee
- Recycled Milk Jug Elephants
- DIY Art for elementary aged children
- Free step by step art videos for ages 6 and up
- Free Art guide videos for middle school aged children through Adult
- 30 day Activity Challenge
- Aerial Arts with Wakeful Ascent
- Family Fitness for all ages with Rachele Jaegers
CrossFit Radiate, Family Friendly online Zoom Classes twice daily, $10 per class, text Jake for your zoom link and Venmo pay, (760)920-8828
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Community Challenge is still ongoing, there are still prizes out there to be claimed!!– Begins April 4, 2020 Help support our local restaurants and have the chance to win a prize!! Golden ticket prizes will be available until all have been collected!
Rock Pathway Community Challenge- Paint a 3″-4″ rock with inspirational words, pictures, or quotes! Once social distancing is over the City will collect the rocks and make a pathway in our City park!
Paint an inspirational rock- This rock will symbolize something inspirational to you during this time and will be a part of a permanent pathway at the City Park
Click the button below to register for ALL Adult and Children’s Programs on our SportSites website.
Summer Camps 2020-
Summer Camp registration begins April 1, 2020 at 7am. Click button above to register!
After School Programs and Summer Camps Flyer
CHILDRENS PROGRAMS :
Due to COVID19 our Children's Programs are currently suspended until further notice. Staff continues to monitor mandates from the State and the County of Inyo. Please check back when our lives settle down for more information on the programs listed below:
- Kids Nights Out for ages 5-10 years
- Just Dance! Hip Hop for ages 8-12 years
- Gymnastics for ages 18 months to 14 years
- Jiu Jitsu for ages 12 through Adult
Due to Covid19 our adult programs have been cancelled until further notice. Staff continues to review the state and county mandates to ensure we can get back to regular schedules as allowed. we understand it's a difficult time, stay safe and healthy.